We are here to educate and support parents on making their decision to immunise their children – here are five good reasons why childhood immunisations are so important!
- Immunisations can save your child’s life – due to advances in medical science, your child can be protected against more disease than ever before!
- Vaccination is safe and effective – vaccines are only given to children after long and careful review by scientists, doctors and healthcare professionals. The disease-prevention benefits of getting vaccines far outweigh the possible side effects for almost all children.
- Immunisations can save your family time and money – a child with a vaccine-preventable disease can be denied attendance at schools or child care facilities. Some of these diseases can result in prolonged disabilities, lost time at work and medical bills. Childhood immunisations can be given at Aspendale Clinic and these are government funded (so there is no out-of-pocket cost). Vaccinations are given at 6 weeks, 2 months, 4 months, 6 months, 12 months, 18 months and 4 years.
- Immunisation protects other people you care about – to help keep your children safe, it is important that you are also fully immunised to protect not only yourself, but the people around you.
- Immunisations protect future generations – they have reduced and, in some cases, eliminated many diseases that killed or severely disabled people just a few generations ago. For example; smallpox now no longer exists because of successful vaccination!